Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
William J. Makin blazed a new trail in South Africa
William J. Makin, Tribune correspondent, wears skins for warmth as he travels the Kalahari Desert in Africa.
18 x 11 cm
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)--People--1920-1930
- Expeditions & surveys--Kalahari Desert--1920-1930
- Makin, William J. (William James), 1894- --Travel--Kalahari Desert
- Reporters--British--Kalahari Desert--1920-1930
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (September 16, 1928), Picture Section, p. 1
- Chicago Tribune (Firm). Press Service