Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Where the South Branch of the river crosses city limits
Drawing shows shows a two-tracked railroad bridge crossing the South Branch of the Chicago River near Chicago's city limits in 1898. Railroad buildings and a water tank are in the background.
6.3 x 8 cm
black and white
- Garfield Ridge (Chicago)--1890-1900
- Chicago River (Ill.)--1890-1900
- Railroad facilities--Illinois--Chicago--1890-1900
- Railroad tracks--Illinois--Chicago--1890-1900
- Water tanks--Illinois--Chicago--1890-1900
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 30, 1898), Part 4/Editorial Sheet, p. 25