Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Drawing shows the Chicago Drainage Canal, later known as the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal, at Chicago's city limits in 1898. Portions of a steel bridge is in the left foreground.
6.2 x 10.5 cm
black and white
- Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal (Ill.)--1890-1900
- Garfield Ridge (Chicago)--1890-1900
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 30, 1898), Part 4/Editorial Sheet, p. 25