Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Drawing shows a horse & buggy traveling down a tree-lined Eighty-Seventh Street near Western Avenue in Chicago in 1898. This is where in 1897 murderer Christopher Merry buried his wife, Pauline.
6.5 x 8.5 cm
black and white
- Carriages & coaches--Illinois--Chicago--1890-1900
- Beverly Hills (Chicago, Ill.)--1890-1900
- Merry, Pauline--Homes & haunts--1890-1900
- Merry, Christopher--Homes and haunts--1890-1900
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 30, 1898), Part 4/Editorial Sheet, p. 25