Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Southwest corner of Chicago at Western Avenue
Drawing shows an 1898 view from the southwest corner of Chicago at Western Avenue and One Hundred and Eleventh Street where a horse and buggy appear before a farm field. A flock of birds fly over the field.
6.5 x 8.5 cm
black and white
- Carriages & coaches--Illinois--1890-1900
- 111th St. (Chicago, Ill.)--1890-1900
- Morgan Park (Chicago, Ill.)--1890-1900
- Western Ave. (Chicago, Ill.)--1890-1898
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 30, 1898), Part 4/Editorial Sheet, p. 25