Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Southern limits of Chicago near Dolton
A wagon travels on a road near the southern limits of Chicago near Dolton, Illinois, in 1898. On the left side of the road is brushland; on the right are telephone poles and flat fields.
6.5 x 8.5 cm
black and white
- Utility poles--Illinois--Chicago--1890-1900
- Riverdale (Chicago, Ill.)--1890-1900
- Carriages and coaches--Illinois--Chicago--1890-1900
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 30, 1898), Part 4/Editorial Sheet, p. 25