Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Her calf--Frederic Remington's series of Western American life sketches
This sketch by Frederic Remington shows a group of Native Americans hunting bison on horseback. Two mounted warriors cut out a buffalo cow and her calf. A jackrabbit runs alongside the animals.
28.3 x 41cm
black and white
- Bison hunting--1890-1900
- Remington, Frederic, 1861-1909. Her calf
- Indians of North America--1890-1900
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (April 18, 1897), p. 29