Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Detective Dick Tracy has captured a counterfeiter "B. Bellas," alias "Alec Penn." Tracy tells tells Chief Brandon of his suspicions that Bellas is really "Count Gordon," an international murderer and swindler. Tracy and his sidekick Junior take Bellas to the laboratory of Professor Groff the Scientist. Groff uses a "ray machine" to detect a silver plate in Bellas' head. The silver plate is proof that Bellas is actually Count Gordon since the plate was put in Gordon's head after he was shot deserting the British Army in World War One. Gordon tries to commit suicide but is foiled by Tracy.
22.9 x 34.5 cm
- Scientific equipment--1930-1940
- Tracy, Dick (Fictitious character)
- Tracy, Dick, Jr. (Fictitious character)
- Brandon, Chief (Fictitious character)
- Count Gordon (Fictitious character)
- Professor Groff the Scientist (Fictitious character)
- Military deserters--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 24, 1932), p. 6