Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Three neighborhood girls break up an argument between Baxter and Buddy have over the word "goblet." Baxter contends that a goblet is a drinking glass. Buddy replies with a photo of his Uncle Denny and his small Cousin Junior, both of whom wear identical navy uniforms. Denny is labeled "gob" (a slang term for sailor) and Junior is labeled "goblet."
17 x 34.3 cm
- Baxter (Fictitious character)
- Buddy (Fictitious character)
- Little folks (Fictitious characters)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 24, 1932), p. 4