Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
This episode focuses on the pitfalls of curiosity. Harold Teen has a short conversation about curiosity in the Sugar Bowl Soda Shop with proprietor Pop Jenks. He leaves the shop and continues to muse about curiosity while walking about his neighborhood. Harold begins chasing after his friend Shadow Smart, a big gossip, who is frantically running down the street. Three of Harold's friends also join the chase. Each wonders why Shadow is running so fast. The chase ends at the Sugar Bowl where Shadow asks Pop for a soda. Shadow offers to pay for the drink at a later time. In the last frame, several different feet kick Shadow out of the store.
23.5 x 34.4 cm
- Teen, Harold (Fictitious character)
- Sugar Bowl Soda Shop (Imaginary place)
- Jenks, Pop (Fictitious character)
- Smart, Shadow (Fictitious character)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 24, 1932), p. 2