Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
In this installment of Sidney Smith's "The Gumps," Chester's mother, Min (short for Minerva), bakes him a cake. Chester tries to convince his father, Andy, to eat a piece. The father pompously declines, arguing that he can't cheat on his diet. Tilda, the Grump family main, mutters about Andy's faults.
35.3 x 34.4 cm
- Gumps (Fictitious characters)
- Gump, Chester (Fictitious character)
- Gump, Minerva (Fictitious character)
- Gump, Andy (Fictitious character)
- Tilda (Fictitious character)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (), 8 Pages of Comics, n.p.