Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Miss Elinor Patterson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Medill Patterson
Advertisement for Pond's creams features actress Elinor Patterson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Medill Patterson. One photo is a formal portrait of Patterson wearing a fur-lined coat over a dark dress with pearls. A second photo shows her in the costume of “The Nun, Megildis” in the play “The Miracle.” A third photo displays Pond’s Cold Cream and Pond’s Vanishing Cream. The final photograph shows an opening night supper dance for the cast of “The Miracle” at the Palmer House’s ballroom.
48.5 x 37 cm
- Pond's Cold Cream (Trademark)
- Pond's Extract Company--Products--1920-1930
- Pond's Vanishing Creams (Trademark)
- Patterson, Joseph Medill, 1879-1946--Family
- Megildis (Fictitious character)
- Patterson, Elinor
- Dance parties--Illinois--Chicago--1920-1930
- Palmer House (Chicago, Ill.)--Facilities--1920-1930
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (March 7, 1926), p. 7