Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Earliest portrait of Abraham Lincoln
This image is based on a daguerreotype taken of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States, when he was between the ages of 35 and 40, or between the years 1844 and 1849. His son, Robert T. Lincoln, owned the original image.
13.3 x 11 cm
black and white
- Legislators--United States--1840-1850
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- United States. Congress. House--People--1840-1850
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (November 10, 1895), n.p.