Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Female patients in the cage at Dunning
Female patients sit in a cage at Dunning Asylum. Image is included in an article about the murder of George Pucik and the declaration of George Gough and J. P. Anderson being unfit to be attendants at the Cook County Hospital for the Insane, also called Dunning Asylum.
12 x 12 cm
black and white
- Cook County Hospital for the Insane (Chicago, Ill.)--People--Illinois--Chicago--1890-1900
- Sick persons--1890-1900
- Women--Health & welfare--Illinois--Chicago--1890-1900
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (August 14, 1895), p. 1