Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
While the commissioners quarrel the unfortunate suffer
A woman who represents Chicago holds a broom and points toward Dunning Asylum while looking at a group of men who are standing on a mat labeled "The murder of Pucik." This cartoon relates to the murder of George Pucik and the declaration that George Gough and J. P. Anderson were unfit to be attendants at the Cook County Hospital for the Insane, also called Dunning Asylum.
12.8 x 17.8 cm
black and white
- Cook County (Ill.). Board of County Commissioners--People--Illinois--Chicago--1890-1900
- Cook County Hospital for the Insane (Chicago, Ill.)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (August 14, 1895), p. 1