Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
On a womanless stage : another famous impersonator
Kabuki actor, Nakamura Fukusuke VI (also known as Nakamura Utaemon IV), in a scene from the play Honchō Nijūshikō (Twenty-four Paragons of Filial Piety).
17.5 x 16.4 cm
- Theatrical productions--Japan--1930-1940
- Nakamura, Utaemon, 1917-2001
- Female impersonators--Japan--1930-1940
- Honchō nijūshikō
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 5, 1936), p. 2
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)