Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Chicago Tribune : a newspaper that can not be intimidated
Advertisement for the Chicago Tribune's denouncing Senator Hugo Black's investigation of lobbying irregularities. It includes a complete reproduction of an 1936 editorial cartoon that link's Black's Ku Klux Klan membership with his attempts at muzzling anti-New Deal opposition.
47.3 x 37 cm
black and white
- Black, Hugo LaFayette, 1886-1971--Political activity--1930-1940
- Chicago Tribune
- Freedom of the press--Illinois--1930-1940
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- )--People--1930-1940
- Legislative hearings--United States--1930-1940
- Lobbying--United States--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Advertisement Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (September 25, 1937), p. 14