Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
City Point, VA.
View of the Union artillery park at General Grant's headquarters in City Point, Virginia, In the background are the masts of anchored sailing ships. In middle distance are two rows of cannon. In the near distance are tents, a two-story house, a fence, a row of mortars, and Union soldiers. Stacked cannon rounds areIn the foreground.
12.1 x 11.2 cm
black and white
- Artillery (Weaponry)--American--Virginia--Petersburg National Battlefield--1860-1870
- Cannon balls--1860-1870
- City Point (Hopewell, Va.)--1860-1870
- Military depots-Virginia--Petersburg National Battlefield--1860-1870
- Mortars (Ordnance)--1860-1870
- United States. Army--People--Virginia--Petersburg National Battlefield--1860-1870
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Equipment & supplies--American--Virginia--Petersburg National Battlefield
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 3, 1932), p. 2
- Brady National Photographic Art Gallery (Washington, D.C.)
- N.W. Ayer & Son