Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Washington in the sixties
A view of Washington, D.C. during the American Civil War. Photograph taken by Matthew Brady.
26.7 x 37.1 cm
black and white
- Bridges--Washington (D.C.)--1860-1870
- Cannons--Washington (D.C.)--1860-1870
- Houses--Washington (D.C.)--1860-1870
- Rivers--Washington (D.C.)--1860-1870
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Transportation--American--Washington (D.C.)
- Washington (D.C.)--Views--1860-1870
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 3, 1932), p. 2
- Brady National Photographic Art Gallery (Washington, D.C.)