Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Photograph of a studio sculpture by Gutzon Borglum depicting the artist's conception depicting the charge of North Carolinians at the Battle of Gettysburg. It represents a wounded officer pointing the way forward to the enemy while a veteran and younger comrade lead a color bearer in the charge.
20 x 15.5 cm
- Artists' studios--1920-1930
- Borglum, Gutzon, 1867-1941. State of North Carolina Monument
- Flag bearers--North Carolina--1860-1870
- Flag bearers--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg National Military Park--1860-1870
- Soldiers--Confederate--North Carolina--1860-1870
- Soldiers--Confederate--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg National Military Park--1860-1870
- Statues--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg National Military Park--1920-1930
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Monuments--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg National Military Park
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (February 17, 1929), p. 5
- Wide World Photos, Inc.