Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Across the Isthmus : digging Culebra
The digging process, consisting of steam shovels and railroad cars, of the Culebra Cut of the Panama Canal.
12.5 x 11.2 cm
black and white
- Canal construction--Panama--Panama Canal--1900-1910
- Gaillard Cut (Panama)--1900-1910
- Mine railroad cars--Panama--Panama Canal--1900-1910
- Panama Canal (Panama)--1900-1910
- Steam shovels--Panama--Panama Canal--1900-1910
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (February 19, 1939), p. 4