Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Devil's Island has no wooden pistol breaks : French convicts being taken to the prison ship La Martiniere
French convicts board a wagon to be taken to the prison ship La Martiniere, which will transport them from a French port to the French Guiana penal colony.
10.9 x 14.8 cm
- Carts & wagons--French--France--1930-1940
- Prison guards--France--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 22, 1934), p. 8