Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Devil's Island has no wooden pistol breaks : Dreyfus, who served five years on Devil's Island
Captain Alfred Dreyfus, who was unjustly imprisoned at Devil's Island in French Guiana.
13.5 x 8.5 cm
- Dreyfus, Alfred, 1859-1935
- France. Armée--People--1890-1900
- Military officers--French--1890-1900
- Military uniforms--French--1890-1900
- Political prisoners--France--1890-1900
- Political prisoners--French Guiana--Devil's Island--1890-1900
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 22, 1934), p. 8