Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Devil's Island has no wooden pistol breaks : Dreyfus, who served five years on Devil's Island
Sketch of Captain Alfred Dreyfus wearing the dress uniform of an officer in the French Army's 14th artillery regiment. Dreyfus who has a waxed mustache, wears a kepi and prince nez spectacles. Drefus had been unjustly imprisoned at Devil's Island in French Guiana.
13.5 x 8.5 cm
- Dreyfus, Alfred, 1859-1935
- France. Armée--People--1890-1900
- Military officers--French--1890-1900
- Military uniforms--French--1890-1900
- Political prisoners--France--1890-1900
- Political prisoners--French Guiana--Devil's Island--1890-1900
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 22, 1934), p. 8