Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
The communization of the Moujik : Soviet poster propaganda : glorifying the red trooper
This Soviet propaganda poster depicts an idealized Red Army soldier protecting the fruits of the Bolshevik revolution: heavy industry, productive workers, youth, agriculture, and the party leading the masses. The soldier wears a "Budenny" hat, tunic, rolled blanket, riding pants, and high top boots. He carries a bolt-action rifle at high port arms. The poster's caption reads, "The army is the faithful guardian of the socialistic structure."
14.8 x 10 cm
- Caricatures--Soviet Union--1930-1940
- Military uniforms--Russian--1930-1940
- Political posters--Soviet Union--1930-1940
- Soldiers--Russian--Soviet Union--1930-1940
- Soviet Union. Raboche-Krestʹi͡anskai͡a Krasnai͡a Armii͡a--People--1930-1940
- Soviet Union--Social aspects--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (April 19, 1931), p. 4
- Wales, Henry, 1888-1960