Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Window used by assassin of school head
A close-up of the window through which a shotgun was fired at Elliott Speer, headmaster of Mount Hermon school.
16.3 x 9.7 cm
black and white
- Speer, Elliott, d. 1934--Death & burial--Massachusetts--Northfield
- Speer, Elliott, d. 1934--Homes & haunts--Massachusetts--Northfield
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (September 17, 1934), p. 32
- Associated Press