Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Where the first white child was born
This drawing from 1832 shows the house of John Kinzie, where his daughter, Ellen Marion Kinzie, was born. Reprint from "History of Chicago".
9.8 x 15 cm
black and white
- Kinzie, Ellen Marion--Homes & haunts--Illinois--Chicago
- Kinzie, John, 1763-1828--Homes & haunts--Illinois--Chicago
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (October 6, 1929), Picture Section, p. 1
- Andreas, A. T. (Alfred Theodore), 1839-1900