Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
They defend the Golden Gate
Members of the Sixth United States Artillery stationed at Fort Barry, California, hold target practice with 12-inch, long range guns. In one photograph they are firing the gun and in the next they are reloading it.
13.8 x 25.5 cm
- Military training--California--Fort Barry Military Reservation--1920-1930
- Target practice--California--Fort Barry Military Reservation--1920-1930
- United States. Army. Artillery, 6th--People--California--Fort Barry Military Reservation--1920-1930
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (April 22, 1928), p. 6
- Pacific and Atlantic Photos, Inc.