Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Swallowed the canary
William E. "Pussyfoot" Johnson, a strong supporter of the American Prohibition.
6.1 x 4.8 cm
black and white
- Johnson, William E. (William Eugene), 1862-1945
- Prohibitionists--United States--1910-1930
- Prohibition--United States--1920-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (November 19, 1933), p. 4