Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
America's first actress
Ethel Barrymore, American actress, wears a black mourning outfit while playing the "widowed European mother" on stage in New York.
38.2 x 25.3 cm
black and white
- Actresses--American--New York (State)--New York--1910-1920
- Barrymore, Ethel, 1879-1959--Performances
- Theatrical productions--New York (State)--New York--1910-1920
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (April 15, 1917), Rotogravure Section, p. 1
- Underwood & Underwood