Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Shipwreck perils of crew 29
In this photograph spectators watch as the steamer Munleon, which went on the rocks during a dense fog near Point Reyes, California, pounds itself to pieces.
49 x 36.3 cm
- Munleon (Steamship)--Disasters--California--Point Reyes Peninsula--1930-1940
- Ship accidents--California--Point Reyes Peninsula--1930-1940
- Shipwrecks--California--Point Reyes Peninsula--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (March 25, 1934), Album of World Events, p. 4
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)