Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Road to war
A soldier holding a rifle with bayonet walks down a desolate road with dead trees on either side.
40 x 37 cm
- War damage--1910-1920
- World War, 1914-1918--Destruction & pillage
- World War, 1914-1918--United States
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (October 8, 1939), Graphic Section/Camera News Review, p. 1