Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
President Roosevelt tried unsuccessfully to pack the Supreme Court
Photograph of the Supreme Court in 1937 after the appointment of Senator Hugo L. Black. Pictured are: George Sutherland, James McReynolds, Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes, Louis Brandeis, Pierce Butler, Benjamin Cardozo, Harlan F. Stone, Owen Roberts, and Hugo L. Black.
14.3 x 21 cm
- Black, Hugo LaFayette, 1886-1971
- Brandeis, Louis Dembitz, 1856-1941
- Butler, Pierce, 1866-1939
- Cardozo, Benjamin N. (Benjamin Nathan), 1870-1938
- Hughes, Charles Evans, 1862-1948
- McReynolds, James Clark, 1862-1946
- Roberts, Owen J. (Owen Josephus), 1875-1955
- Stone, Harlan Fiske, 1872-1946
- Sutherland, George, 1862-1942
- United States. Supreme Court--People--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (December 26, 1937), p. 5
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)
- Harris & Ewing