Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
President addresses congress
President Franklin D. Roosevelt delivers the State of the Union address to Congress. Also pictured are his son, James, Vice President Garner of the Senate and Representative Henry T. Rainey of Illinois, speaker of the House.
42 x 37 cm
- Garner, John Nance, 1868-1967--Public appearances--Washington (D.C.)
- Legislators--United States--1930-1940
- Presidents & the Congress--1930-1940
- Presidents--United States--1930-1940
- Public speaking--Washington (D.C.)--1930-1940
- Rainey, Henry Thomas, 1860-1934--Public appearances--Washington (D.C.)
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945--Public appearances--Washington (D.C.)
- Roosevelt, James, 1907-1991--Public appearances--Washington (D.C.)
- United States. Congress--People--Washington (D.C.)--1930-1940
- Vice presidents--United States--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (February 25, 1934), Album of World Events, p. 1
- Harris & Ewing