Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Moses of the drys
Photograph of Andrew J. Volstead, a Minnesota congressman also known as Moses of the Drys, who helped pass the National Prohibition Act, also known as the Volstead Act.
8 x 4.5 cm
black and white
- Legislators--United States--1900-1930
- Prohibitionists--United States--1900-1930
- Prohibition--United States--1920-1940
- Volstead, Andrew J.
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (November 19, 1933), p. 4