Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Masculine survivor smokes
This photograph shows an injured man who survived the Hindenburg crash being carried by several men as he is rushed to the hospital.
12.5 x 10.6 cm
- Aircraft accidents--New Jersey--Lakehurst--1930-1940
- Disaster victims--New Jersey--Lakehurst--1930-1940
- Hindenburg (Airship)--Disasters--New Jersey--Lakehurst--1930-1940
- Lifesaving--New Jersey--Lakehurst--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (May 16, 1937), p. 3
- Associated Press