Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Living cross greets the sunrise
This photograph was taken at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington, D.C., as 500 uniformed Red Cross workers, army nurses, and men from the army medical department form the design of a red and white cross. A crowd of ten thousand witnesses the event.
9.7 x 14.3 cm
- Religious processions--Washington (D.C.)--1920-1930
- Walter Reed Army Hospital (Washington, D.C.)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (April 22, 1928), p. 6
- Pacific and Atlantic Photos, Inc.