Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Lieut. Gen. Sadao Araki
Lieutenant General Sadao Araki, Japanese minister of war, bows before the altar containing the ashes of 104 soldiers of the Nipponese Empire who died during the invasion of China.
12.2 x 19.6 cm
- Araki, Sadao, 1877-1966--Public appearances--Japan
- Cabinet officers--Japan--1930-1940
- Memorial rites & ceremonies--Japan--1930-1940
- Sino-Japanese Conflict, 1931-1933--Casualties--Japanese
- Sino-Japanese Conflict, 1931-1933--Commemoration--Japan
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 4, 1933), p. 3
- Associated Press