Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Laying the corner stone of the present water tower
Photograph shows the laying of the corner stone of the Chicago water tower on March 25, 1867.
9.5 x 9.8 cm
black and white
- Building construction--Illinois--Chicago--1860-1870
- Cornerstone laying--Illinois--Chicago--1860-1870
- Water towers--Illinois--Chicago--1860-1870
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (April 24, 1938), Graphic Section/Camera News Review, p. 4
- Chicago Historical society