Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Justice Department artist's drawing of Bruno Hauptmann
A sketch made from the description given by Dr. J. F. Condon, also known as Jafsie, of the man who accepted the ransom money after the kidnapping of Charles Lindbergh Jr.. It is compared to a photograph of Bruno Hauptmann.
12.2 x 4.8 cm
black and white
- Hauptmann, Bruno Richard, 1899-1936
- Lindbergh, Charles Augustus, 1930-1932--Kidnapping, 1932
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (September 24, 1934), p. 26
- Associated Press