Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
John V. Farwell, pioneer Chicago merchant
John V. Farwell, a pioneer Chicago merchant, reads to his two grandsons in his home in Lake Forest, Illinois.
19.5 x 14.9 cm
black and white
- Farwell, John V. (John Villiers), 1825-1908
- Farwell, John V. (John Villiers), 1825-1908--Family
- Reading--Illinois--Lake Forest--1880-1890
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (August 18, 1935), p. 9