Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Jafsie smiles as kidnap case develops
Photograph shows Dr. John F. Condon, also known as Jafsie, who paid $50,000 in ransom money in the hope that Charles Lindbergh Jr. would be restored to his family.
16.5 x 9.7 cm
black and white
- Condon, John F. (John Francis), 1860-1945
- Lindbergh, Charles Augustus, 1930-1932--Kidnapping, 1932
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (September 23, 1934), p. 18
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)