Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
In the stead of the king
In this photograph the viceroy, Viscount Willington, and his lady arrive at Simla, India's summer capital.
16.5 x 10 cm
- Visits of state--Indian--India--Simla--1930-1940
- Willington, Freeman Freeman-Thomas, Marquess of, 1866-1941--Travel--India--Simla
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 14, 1931), p. 4
- Chicago Tribune (Firm). Press Service