Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Hurricane in September snuffs out the lives of 282 war veterans
This rescue train was derailed on its way to retrieve 282 war veterans waiting on the Florida Keys before a hurricane.
23.3 x 14.6 cm
- Hurricanes--Florida--Upper Matecumbe Key--1930-1940
- Labor Day Hurricane, 1935
- Railroad accidents--Florida--Upper Matecumbe Key--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (December 29, 1935), p. 5
- Associated Press