Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Here in the marketplace of Constantinople
A man sells women slaves in the marketplace in Constantinople.
5 x 15 cm
black and white
- Slave trade--Turkey--Istanbul--1800-1900
- Women--Economic & social conditions--Turkey--Istanbul--1800-1900
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (October 10, 1937), Graphic Section, p. 3