Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
A photograph of a footprint found in the mud at the Lindbergh home near Hopewell, New Jersey, after the kidnapping of Charles Lindbergh Jr. in 1932. The footprint was compared to that of Bruno Hauptmann.
12.1 x 7.8 cm
black and white
- Evidence (Law)--1930-1940
- Hauptmann, Bruno Richard, 1899-1936
- Lindbergh, Charles Augustus, 1930-1932--Kidnapping, 1932
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (September 26, 1934), p. 30
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)