Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Hauptmann offers alibi for night of March 1 in Lindbergh case
Photograph shows Bruno Richard Hauptmann as he gave his alibi in court regarding the Lindbergh kidnapping.
12 x 15 cm
black and white
- Criminals--New York (State)--New York--1930-1940
- Hauptmann, Bruno Richard, 1899-1936--Trials, litigation, etc.--New York (State)--New York
- Judicial proceedings--New York (State)--New York--1930-1940
- Lindbergh, Charles Augustus, 1930-1932--Kidnapping, 1932
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (October 16, 1934), p. 32
- Associated Press