Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Hauptmann garage wrecked; police examine each piece of wood
Police search for evidence in the ruined remains of Bruno Hauptmann's garage. Hauptmann was a prime suspect in the Lindbergh kidnapping case.
12 x 14.8 cm
black and white
- Criminal investigations--New York (State)--New York--1930-1940
- Hauptmann, Bruno Richard, 1899-1936--Homes & haunts--New York (State)--New York
- Lindbergh, Charles Augustus, 1930-1932--Kidnapping, 1932
- Police--New York (State)--New York--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (September 28, 1934), p. 38
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)