Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Grace plays the ukulele and Bille dances
Grace Goss plays the ukulele and Irene (Billie) Goss dances at a gas station. The Goss sisters hitch-hiked from Chicago to Hollywood in search of work.
15.5 x 15.2 cm
black and white
- Dance--United States--1930-1940
- Goss, Grace--Performances
- Goss, Grace--Travel--United States
- Goss, Irene--Performances
- Goss, Irene--Travel--United States
- Musical instruments--United States--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (October 10, 1937), Graphic Section, p. 2