Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Flying colonel--then and now : young Charles Lindbergh
Charles Lindbergh, aviator, sits in the cockpit of The Spirit of St. Louis before taking off for the first New York-to-Paris solo flight on May 20, 1927.
24 x 36.5 cm
- Air mail service--New York (State)--New York--1920-1930
- Air pilots--American--New York (State)--New York--1920-1930
- Lindbergh, Charles A. (Charles Augustus), 1902-1974
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (March 11, 1934), Album of World Events, p. 4
- Underwood & Underwood