Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Schindelaar [sic] stuck to his machine
Fritz Schindelar, who accompanied Paul Rainey on an expedition to Africa, operates a camera as a lion charges toward him. Schindelar was killed by a lion.
7.5 x 18 cm
- Animal attacks--Africa--1900-1910
- Expeditions & surveys--Africa--1900-1910
- Schindelaar, Fritz--Travel--Africa
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (March 22, 1914), Color Section, p. 2